THIS WEEK- AND WEEKEND!- IN THE 'BURB'S
Happy weekend, everyone! Lots going on!
· Can first-time homebuyers REALLY putting nothing down ? The fact from the fiction is finally separated.
· Inventories are increasing for spring, with 10% more homes in the market than a year ago today—that means more to choose from!
· And, lastly, New York Magazine’s got a great roundup of Brooklyn , by the numbers. Think 5,600+ condos sold in Williamsburg, plus multi-million dollar townhouses still hitting the scene.
Now onto the weekend! Spring seems to have finally sprung so, to celebrate, we recommend hitting up some of the gorgeous gardens across Westchester, Long Island, northern New Jersey and southern Connecticut. Here are some of our faves:
Old Westbury Gardens on Long Island offers up a “Door and Explore” program for kids and families each weekend starting at noon. In April it’s all about early bloomers.
· The Skylands New Jersey Botanical Garden is in full bloom, with an end-of-winter walk this Sunday, and a gorgeous native plants landscape to take in.
· The Lansdon Park and Arboretum in Westchester encompasses 30 acres of formal gardens, grass meadows and flowers from around the world, plus a unique fragrance garden with shrubs representing every letter of the alphabet.
· In Stamford, the Barlett Arboretum & Gardens are a must-see, with tons to see, including cotton gardens, herb gardens and even a tropical garden. Take a guided tour with the family, or wander the grounds solo.
Happy Spring—and happy house hunting!
Stay connected with us: