All About the burbs: Valentine’s Day Edition!
Back to Blog Page
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY! We’ve got LOTS of love this year — love for our amazing clients, love for our incredible new markets (looking at you, San Francisco and Chicago!) and, of course, love for spring market! Enjoy the weekend!
ALL ABOUT THE MARKET
- Despite end-of-year fears that a significant rate hike was looming, more and more experts now say a ‘16 lift isn’t likely — buyers, rejoice!
- Not only will it be easier to secure home financing in the coming days and weeks, but properties will likely plateau in terms of price creating a perfect storm for springtime buyers
- Rates continue to dip, even on high value jumbo loans. The end result? Tons of new mortgage and refinancing applications from new and existing home owners.
- Rockland County is on the rise, with home sales up 26% in Q4 2015 and exceeding even historic transaction levels. Go, Rockland!
- New Jersey is poised for a serious real estate boom, with home sale prices growing just 2% — far below the area or, even, national average (start by checking out these top-ranked towns!)
- Hitting Westchester for Valentine’s Day? Check out these hot area restaurants, perfect for a V’Day night out.
SAN FRANCISCO SUBURBS
- Conforming loan limits were raised in some San Fran suburbs making it easier for buyers to get the financing they need now
- And these increases couldn’t come at a better time — home prices are escalating to levels not seen since before the dot com burst
- In the ‘burbs for Valentine’s Day? Check out these must-tries in and around Palo Alto.
- After a million-dollar facelift, Evanston’s Oscar Mayer mansion will hit the market this spring
- The Barrington area is set for a major housing boom according to business leaders and insiders
- The ‘burbs are the place to be this weekend! Yum…
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!
Stay connected with us: