Out & About in the 'burbs This Weekend: July 25 – 27, 2014
It’s the weekend! Time to soak in the summer sun and check out some great neighborhoods while the days are still long.
Here’s what going on in the market this week:
- From lower-than-expected mortgage rates to looser requirements for borrowers, the summer market trends are in your favor
- According to the pros—and plenty of recent buyers—becoming a homeowner is truly life changing…
Looking for amenities in Manhattan? They’ll cost you—the average rental price for a 2-bedroom nearly doubles when an elevator and doorman are in the mix!
Need a quick detour between house visits this weekend? Check out these amazing parks!
- Roselle Park in Pleasantville was recently rated “most fun” by Westchester Magazine and includes corkscrew slides, toy trucks and toddler-friendly corners.
- Heading to NJ? Don’t miss Brookdale Park in Montclair, complete with an archery range, rose garden, playscape and open fields.
- In New Canaan, Waveny Parkis the place to be! The park offers everything from walking trails and a dog park, to a theater, tennis courts and more.
- Nothing says “summer!” like Christopher Morley Park in Roslyn. Complete with tennis courts, a public pool, walking trails, dog runs and tons of modern playground equipment, this one’s fun for everyone.
Enjoy the weekend!
Rates may be up, but that isn’t deterring prospective buyers from entering the market.
Looking for a great weekend activity while you peruse the ‘burbs? Check out some local orchards and get picking! We’re in the midst of berry season, so grab your kids and grab some sweet strawberries, raspberries and blueberries right off the vine in these great spots:
Stay connected with us: